& Density Meter
The Viscosity / Density Meter can measure the viscosity and density of liquids at different temperatures. It can show the results at standard temperatures, such as 40°C, 50°C and 100°C for viscosity, and 15°C for density. It can also handle very high viscosities with high accuracy.
The device comes with a hydrometer that measures the density at 50°C and converts it to 15°C automatically. You don’t need to do any calculations yourself.
The device has a user-friendly software that guides you through the measurement process. It explains each step clearly on the screen.
CMTs Viscosity / Density Meter combines two vital parameters for condition monitoring. The in-house developed device will guide you through the procedure and give you fast and accurate results.
Testing the viscosity and density is essential in every aspect of the marine or industrial areas.
The efficiency of every engine depends on the correct viscosity of the fuel. Viscosity is fundamental to maintaining the integrity of a lube oil film.
Lubrication is particularly important to prevent metallic contact, scuffing, micro welding, and sliding surface wear.
• Ensure the correct amount and grade of fuel have been delivered to your ship.
• Ensure you have been supplied with fuel, not a mixture of fuel and gas (cappuccino effect).
The right amount of fuel cannot be determined by volume or weight alone.
Depending on the injection temperature these values might vary widely.
Density is required for quantity calculations and also to determine the optimum size of the gravity disc for the centrifuge.
Diesel / fuel oil density also gives an indication of other fuel characteristics, including specific energy and ignition quality (CCAI).
The density is used to confirm the quantity and grade of fuel delivered.
• Fast and accurate results.
• Combination of two tests within one device.
• Simple measurements for compelling results.
• Avoid wear by keeping track of the viscosity.
• Increase efficiency with the right volume.
• Measure Density for quantity and grade of fuel.
• Measuring the oil viscosity provides an early detection of contamination, fuel ingress and shear thinning.
• Suitable for all mineral oils or fuels down to 1.5 cSt up to 999 cSt (heated viscometer only).
• Allows to calculate the combustion performance (CCAI) of fuel or injection / storage temperature.
Viscosity / Density Meter
Range: 2.6-865 cSt @ 40 °C / 2.2-683 cSt @ 50 °C
Test Time: Heating from ambient temperature ca. 5 minutes / about 3 minutes test time
Calculation: Injection Temperature / Storage Temperature
Range: 800 to 1010 kg/m³
Accuracy: Typically with +/-0.5 %
Test Time: Heating from 15°C about 10 minutes
Repeat Test: maximum 2 minutes
Cleaning: 10 minutes
Display: Backlit LED / Touch input
Input DC: 24V / min 3,75A
Weight: 2 kg
Dimensions: 26 x 24 x 6 cm³ (H x W x D) (without stand)
Accuracy: Typically with +/- % or +/- 2cSt
Test Kit Cleaner (250 ml)